St Joseph's School Dargaville

“Flourish in Faith, Hope and Love
while Realising all our Gifts and Talents”

February 2021

INFORMATION FOR PARENTS / CAREGIVERS SEEKING  ENROLMENT AT 

SAINT JOSEPH'S CATHOLIC SCHOOL DARGAVILLE 

• State Integrated Schools select preference students on the following grounds.

• The agent for determining preference is the Parish Priest, or designated agent of the Bishop who may sign the certificate on his behalf. (For Agents of  the Bishop  see:  AMINSTRATION OF Criteria, 6.1. 1-6.1.6, on the Preference of Enrolment Certificate.)
  • The Criteria for Preference of Enrolment in Integrated Catholic Schools:

• 5.1 The child has been Baptized or being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
    • 5.2  The Child's parents /guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptized in the catholic faith.
    • 5.3 At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not been baptized, the child's  participation in the life of the school could lead to the parent's having the child baptized.
    • 5.4 with the agreement of the child's parent /guardian, a significant familial such as a grandparent, aunt, uncle who is actively invoiced in the Childs upbringing undertakes to support the child's formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
    • 5.5 One or both of a child's  non- Catholics parents/guardian's is preparing to become a Catholic. 

State Integrated schools have places for non- Preference students

• This school has a maximum of 7 places
  • There are currently no places available in 2021    
  • The school roll is now at 70% of its maximum.
    • Non- Preference places criteria
      • The applicants accept they will be attending a school of special character and that there place in the school is conditional on their participation in the programme. 
      • The applicants accept that they will be  required to pay attendance dues as set by the proprietor and these are not voluntary.
    • Non- Preference criteria that apply to this school
      • The siblings  of non-preference students already in the school.
      • Siblings of former non-preference students
      • The children of staff of Board members who seek to enrol their children.
      • Non- preference students coming from another integrated with the same special character.
      • Children who live in the Dargaville area and surrounds, and who want to participate in the special character programme of the school.
    • Non -preference  students who cannot enrol immediately may choose to be placed on a waiting list.
    • Students on this list are waitlisted by date and number and will be contacted if places become available.  At the end of the calendar year the list is updated and people apply to be reinstated on the waitlist for the following year. 

Enrolment information is also available in hard copy from our school office.

Important Notices