St Joseph's School Dargaville

“Flourish in Faith, Hope and Love
while Realising all our Gifts and Talents”

Enrolment Information

St Joseph's Catholic School enrols children from Year 1 to Year 8.

The maximum roll is 120, with preference given to those with a commitment to the Catholic Faith. Up to twenty students at any one time may be enrolled as 'non-preference'.

On enrolment, there is a Diocesan  Catholic Preference form to complete, with a preference card to be signed by your Parish Priest.

Students may be enrolled at any age and may begin school on/after their 5th birthday. All children in New Zealand must attend school before their 6th birthday.  St Joseph's Dargaville runs a new parent Orientation Morning once a term for the students who will commence school the following term. Some students may require additional class visits to assist their transition to school, this can be arranged through the school office.

Application for enrolment does not guarantee a place at St Joseph's School. Enrolment applications must be emailed or dropped in to the school office.  Depending on a number of factors, applicants may be offered a space on the  'Waiting List' rather than immediate acceptance.  We recommend that you plan ahead and begin the application process well ahead of your child's 5th birthday.

Attendance Dues and  Other Financial Commitments

In accepting the conditions of enrolment, parents undertake to pay attendance dues as determined by the Proprietor and approved by the Ministry.

An updated statement of accounts are sent out at the beginning of each term. 

As the child begins school, the parent/caregivers will be asked for payment of the term fees (see document below). This can be paid through internet banking or the school office.  Attendance Dues can be paid in full at the beginning of the school year, per term or by regular instalment.

Attendance Dues

• Attendance Dues are a compulsory payment under the terms of the Education and Training Act 2020 and a condition of enrolment at St Joseph's Catholic School Dargaville. 

• Attendance Dues are charged for all students who attend Catholic Schools in New Zealand. Attendance Dues are used to repay loans for building works done at schools in the Auckland Diocese, property related costs including school building works, buildings insurance and costs directly associated with the administration of attendance dues. 

• Attendance Dues are collected by St Joseph's Catholic School Ellerslie on behalf of the school’s Proprietor, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Auckland. The attendance dues collected by St Joseph's Catholic School Ellerslie are forwarded to Auckland Common Fund Limited, a company established by the proprietors of Catholic integrated schools in the Diocese of Auckland responsible for the collection of attendance dues.

• Attendance Dues payable for 2021 school year: Y0 – Y8 $113.00 per term ($452.00 per year) including GST 

Attendance Dues Financial Assistance

Financial assistance is available to assist families who may need financial support with the payment of Attendance Dues for preference students attending Catholic schools in Auckland Diocese, both primary and secondary. Families facing financial difficulties can contact their school office, their Parish Priest or the Revenue Manager on 09-360-3069 at the Catholic Diocese of Auckland for further information.

Application forms for this assistance are available from school and parish offices, or can be down-loaded from the Catholic Diocese of Auckland Website: https://www.aucklandcatholic.org.nz/acfl-attendance-dues-financial-assistance/

Special Character and Building Contributions 

• The Catholic Special Character contribution is a voluntary donation of $12.50 per term ($50.00 per annum) per student. This contribution provides the main source of funding for all services provided to  St Joseph's Catholic School Dargaville by the Catholic Education Services Board. No contributions are made by the Government for these services. The Catholic Education Services Board assists schools to provide a Catholic education for your child through the preservation and enhancement of the Catholic Special Character in our schools.

• Other Financial Contributions eg, Building Contributions collected on behalf of the Proprietor are permitted under the terms of the Education and Training Act 2020. These contributions are eligible for a taxation rebate.

Please contact the school office office@saintjosephs.school.nz  if you require further information or need any assistance.

Application Pack 

When you apply for a placement at St Joseph's Dargaville, you will need to email or bring to the school office the following paperwork:

• Enrolment Form (including Catholic Diocese page)

• Preference Form

• Baptism Certificate (original to copy)

• Birth Certificate or Passport (original to copy)

• Visa - if applicable (original to copy)

• Immunisation Certificate (or print out of immunisation records from your G.P.)

Please contact the office for an Enrolment Pack (office@saintjosephs.school.nz